Geographical tour through the campus of the University of Alicante
The event will be: “Live” in presence and online
Short presentation of the event:
Route through the campus of the University of Alicante, of an informative nature to promote Geography to all ages.
The campus of the University of Alicante has educational resources that are very useful for teaching the contents of this scientific discipline: Rock Garden or even rocky outcrops in situ (Geomorphology), autochthonous and allochthonous plant species (Biogeography), weather station (Climatology), observation points of the surrounding relief and different land uses (Landscape Geography), buildings constructed in different architectural periods (Urban Geography, ), databases on the evolution of UA staff and students (Demography), a Cañada Real (Rural Geography), flood risk (Geography of Risks), among others.
- Raising awareness of geography
- Teaching the different fields of study of Geography
- Showing the importance of cartography, GIS in Geography
Event language: Spanish
Link (for online events): https://www.35geofis.ua.es/itinerario-ua/
Reference person: Ascensión Padilla Blanco/Antonio Prieto Cerdán
Role or Function: University professor
Reference Organization (if any): Medspai research group (University of Alicante) https://cvnet.cpd.ua.es/curriculum-breve/grp/es/medio-sociedad-y-paisaje-(medspai)/485
Those who organize are: Academics, Geography enthusiasts, Students
Expected duration: around 1 hour and a half
- The starting point of the route is the monolith located between the buildings of Philosophy and Arts I (no. 20 on the map) and Philosophy and Arts II (no. 19 on the map). Attached is a link to the map of the university campus: https://web.ua.es/es/vr-infraestructures/infraestructuras-medioambiente/documentos/presentacion-campus-universidad-de-alicante/3-plano-guia/plano-guia-del-campus.pdf.
- The starting time is 18:30 on Friday 1 April.
- To sign up for the activity, please fill in this form before 14:00 on Friday 1 April: https://forms.gle/EiaPwC3uFSqnpz2u7
- (If you have problems filling in the form, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please answer this questionnaire when you do the activity. Thank you very much: https://www.geonight.net/survey-on-the-perception-of-geography-by-the-public-of-the-geonight/